Hospice - It's About Living
If you had six months to live, you’d want to spend that time with the people you love, doing the activities you enjoy, in the places where you’re most comfortable.
That’s exactly what we want for you.
At Hospice of Chenango County, we believe that you matter until the last moment of your life. That’s why we provide compassionate end-of-life care for you and your family to help make choices that are right for you. We’ll do all we can to help you fulfill the dreams you’ve always had, whether it’s to attend your son’s wedding or to hold your first grandchild.
Whether you have a terminal illness and need palliative care, seek homecare, or counseling to deal with death and dying, Hospice of Chenango County can provide it.
As your health changes, your hopes may change:
- You hope that you will still be able to get out and about and enjoy your friends.
- You hope that you’ll remain comfortable.
- You hope that your questions will be answered honestly.
- You hope that the medical bills won’t cripple you financially.
- You hope that your loved ones will get excellent grief support during their bereavement.
- We provide that hope to so many families.
Hospice Homemade Prepares for 2015 Sale
Hospice Homemade raises funds through gathering donations of quality handmade items and selling them at a bi-annual holiday craft sale. These funds are used to help meet some of the unforeseen needs of those we care for. Hospice Homemade is gearing up for their 2015 sale, which will be the first weekend in December at Sew- Nice in Norwich. Hospice Homemade will be gathering donations for the sale throughout 2015. The following handmade items sell especially well:
- Christmas ornaments and decorations
- Decorations for all seasons, especially Spring and Fall
- Placements & table runners
- Baby blankets, baby hats & baby socks
- Handmade cards or paper items
- Wooden toys
- Stained glass
- Crochet topped kitchen towels
If you would like to learn more about Hospice Homemade or are interested in making a donation of a handmade item, call Mary Lou at 336-4852 or Leslie at 336-1487.
Friends of Hospice
The Smiths have graciously allowed us into their lives at one of the most vulnerable time, they now invite you to learn what hospice services have meant to them. The provision of highly skilled end of life care is essential for a vibrant and healthy community. Hospice & Palliative Care of Chenango County is committed to providing these services, despite the ever rising cost of care. You have the power to close this gap and ensure hospice care is available to everyone in Chenango County. When you make a donation to the Friends Campaign, you are not only making a difference in the lives of our patients, but you are also having a positive effect on the future of their families. We feel so lucky to have friends like you!
Follow the link to donate to the 2015 friends of Hospice Campaign.