Hospice - It's About Living
If you had six months to live, you’d want to spend that time with the people you love, doing the activities you enjoy, in the places where you’re most comfortable.
That’s exactly what we want for you.
At Hospice of Chenango County, we believe that you matter until the last moment of your life. That’s why we provide compassionate end-of-life care for you and your family to help make choices that are right for you. We’ll do all we can to help you fulfill the dreams you’ve always had, whether it’s to attend your son’s wedding or to hold your first grandchild.
Whether you have a terminal illness and need palliative care, seek homecare, or counseling to deal with death and dying, Hospice of Chenango County can provide it.
As your health changes, your hopes may change:
- You hope that you will still be able to get out and about and enjoy your friends.
- You hope that you’ll remain comfortable.
- You hope that your questions will be answered honestly.
- You hope that the medical bills won’t cripple you financially.
- You hope that your loved ones will get excellent grief support during their bereavement.
- We provide that hope to so many families.
On Saturday, April 12 Hospice staff and guests will present an all-day seminar dedicated to women's grief and emotional healing. There will be a keynote speaker, followed by morning and afternoon break out sessions. Body, mind, and spirit issues will be addressed. The event will take place at the SUNY Morrisville building in Norwich. The Wonen's Grief and Healing Seminar will be free to all women in Chenango County. Lunch will be provided.
The topics of the Breakout Sessions will include:
- Loss of a Spouse
- Loss of a Sibling
- Loss of a Parent
- Loss of a Child
- Supporting a Grieving Child
- Complicated Grieving
- Emotional regulation Techniques
- Relaxation Techniques
- Expressive Arts
- Spiritual Support
More information about the Breakout Sessions can be found Here
To register for this event, please return This Form to Hospice or fill out This Online Survey by April 7, 2014.